Thursday, July 03, 2008

Statesman,who can talk and listen...

There are those who make fun of our liking Obama.
They call him our messiah, or that we treat him as
such..Not true.

What we have in Obama is hope. I have never, that I
can think of..got any election memorbilia in all of my
voting age lifetime. But I did this time. I have two of
the white bumper stickers... with got hope? One on
my computer and one on my car. I actually went on
Obama's site and bought them. (Sandpoint doesn't
have a Democrat office here in town. The Republicans
have a year round one, don't know if it is open year
around but it is permanant. Democrats are either
too scared, too poor, or just not enough of them up
here, to have an office to get things. I suspect it is
the second one.

So for me to get two stickers, two pins and one
baseball cap, with Obame on it, I must really
believe in him.

It is nice to vote FOR someone. For so many years
I have voted for the lessor of the two evils. And those
who know me, know that last time I wrote in the famous
words........NONE OF THE ABOVE. Thank goodness
for living in a small town where you can write in.

Is Obama perfect...heck no... does he have
flaws ..oh, yes. But he gives hope. We don't
get the same old feelings of same old, same old
stuff... Yes, he is a politician. But he seems to
listen to the people. He seems to me, at least,
to want changes better for the country. It does
NOT seem about him, but about US.

He has been comdemn because he will be willing
to talk to other heads of countries, even if they are
not popular with the USA. He doesn't sit in his office
or up on the stand talking to others, about the evils
of axiles. He doesn't have the cowboy attitude of
"bring them on"... He seems to want to listen to the
other side. Doesn't mean he will agree with them.
But he does want to listen. What is wrong with that?
You can compromise without giving up. You can see
others points of view, without giving up your own.

I think they call this statesmanship. And that is what
I like about Obama. Just because you are a statesman
does not mean you are weak. Didn't Teddy Roosevelt
say something about a iron fist with a velvet glove?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WT,

The Bonner County Democrats have a Headquarters office open:

Bonner County Democratic Central Committee 2008 Headquarters Office: 105 N Second Ave • Sandpoint, ID 83864 H.Q. Office Phone: 208-946-8073

Dan