Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Weeds...

I drove over to the local nursery (the tree and bush
kind) when up came two young ladies about 10
on a 4 wheeler. They went in behind me to the
store part. I was looking for a windsock. After
they carried on their quick business and left, I
walked up to the counter to ask about windsock,
just in time to hear the lady tell the gentleman
she was finishing up with, that the little girls were
looking for work.

Seems they left a flyer, as they were starting a
weeding business. For $10 an hour each. $10??
We both said at the same time. Holy cow. My first
job was for 50 cents an hour. My first adult job
was $1 an hour. And these girls think they are
worth $10 an hour. Wow...

Then I got to thinking about how I hate to weed.
And how I had worked for over a hour on a stretch
of 15 feet. Was it worth $10 for someone else to
do it for me? I stood there waivering in the wind,
I don't know. Some one else do it for $10 and I
don't have to do it? But then again, I have so
much to do, it would probably take about 8
hours.... and that would be $80 ...nah, I will
do it myself.

1 comment:

Mari Meehan said...

Ha! You didn't double it! The girls probably only work together. That takes it to $160? And more than minimum wage - especially for 10 year olds! Wow. Get Rokan. Bacchus can give chase through your beds - no more weeds. Might cost you a glass of wine and a dish of water! Heck of a deal!