Monday, December 14, 2009

The Written Word...

When I was in high school in the 1950's,
a girlfriend and I got caught passing notes.
Of which, my girlfriend being the one who
had the note at the time, was made to stand
up and read what was in the note....all of it.
Meaning my words as well as her own.

I don't recall what we were writing about, but
it wasn't good for it to be announced to all.
Nothing horrible by today's standards but not
good, never the less.
It was quite embarrassing for us teens ..

From that I learn... NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER
WRITE DOWN ANYTHING THAT YOU DON'T WANT
EVERYONE TO READ. Treat all notes, letters, and
etc. as if you are writing for a newspaper for all to read.
It has served me well.

So when I hear about how emails, text messages, even
voice messages are used against people....and then they
think it is private, I got to ask... WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Of all things, email, text messages and voice messages
are pretty much open for any who can access it and many
do. One way or another. And if you are famous? Well, expect
those messages, either written or voiced, to be on national
news. Because there is 98% it will.

Again, the lesson of 50 years ago...
NEVER EVER,EVER, EVER, WRITE DOWN ANYTHING,
THAT YOU DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO READ.
It is a hard lesson, of which Tiger Woods and many others
have found out, but do they learn.. we will see.

1 comment:

MarmiteToasty said...

This is so very very true, I dont get those that get caught... and if they conducted themselves better then there would be no need for 'being found out'

x