Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Dog days of summer...

After the push to get the back yard in order, to change
things, plant things, I have the yard pretty much where I want it... Now is the
time to just enjoy it.

Which I had a friend over this afternoon for lunch and long
conversations of times when we worked together. Putting our time in the
"Manor". I call it "the place of many names" .. as I worked under 4 different names and 7
different owners in the 17 years I worked there. To the natives, it is still the ”Manor"... which was the Sandpoint Manor.

Anyway, we sat out on the deck under the umbrella, and
enjoyed our salad, and drinks.
Water, and lemonade... and just enjoyed each others company,
reminiscing of time gone by and those we took care of.. and laughs of things that can
happen in a nursing home.
Oh, yea, they are called health care centers, now.

And we talked about how disillusioned of how life is..
things we learn to be true, when we were kids, and no longer are.
And how at our age, we can no longer make
a difference anyway.. so to try to enjoy life as it is in
our own world with our families
and friends.

I think about how blessed I am, with the friends I have, my
family and life in general.... I take none of it for granted.

Hope all of you good readers, are having a good summer, and
hope you are staying cool if you are in the states that are having horrible hot
weather. My prayers are with you, for relief. But then I guess we all will be
crying the blues in just 2 months and cussing the coming winter and snow
and ice again.. but
alas that is life.

No comments: