Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Stepping down memory land, again....


My two oldest girls are 52 and 51 now. But I was sent, by my cousin,
pictures of them at the age of 1 and 2. Pictures 50
years old. Yet looking at them, it is like looking thru the window of yesterday.

Now only was the girls way younger, but so was I. Thinner too.
Part of me is glad it was a long time ago, yet some of me pulls
towards the time of youth. But there is no way I
would go back there to do it all over again. Once is enough.

You only have one time around, so you better make it the best you can.
For better or worse, I did it the best I knew how at the time.

Now it is my children's time to do it the best they know how. With
what they know. And my grandchildren. I sent the pictures to
the daughter of my oldest(my granddaughter) ..
One in particular looks very much like her little girl, my great granddaughter.

Time....time.... waste not....
thank you, Terry



1 comment:

marlu said...

Our sons are 53 and 51. I'm with you. It was wonderful but I don't want to go back and do it again!

We are enjoying four granddaughters now even though they live far away.