Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pet Peeves.....

I was downtown yesterday, doing some business with the Motor
Vehicle Dept.
And the traffic was fair to midland... actually I encountered
more in town than
on the bypass.. guess it was a slow time..

But as I was driving thru the good town of Sandpoint, I was
approaching a
crosswalk. And being mindful of how Sandpoint is with
those.. with the blinking
lights, and flags at some of them.. (you take a flag and
walk across the street and
then you put the flag in the container on the other side).

And because I have a friend whose teenager just got a ticket
for the tune of
$90 for not stopping long enough for a person to walk
across.. He said he waited
for the man to cross, and when it came apparent he wasn't
going to, he continued
on, which an officer came out the side street and ticketed
him.. Now I don't know
if the time he waited was enough, but the officer didn't
think so. As the man decided
to walk across after the teen drove off.

So there I sat, at the crosswalk, waiting... for the woman
to decide did she or did she
not want to cross.. After at least 50 seconds (which seems
long) she decided to shop
on the same side she was.
Down about 2 more blocks I encounter 4 adults. Who stood
on the side walk edge, one of which had their foot in the
crosswalk edge. I waited.
And I waited... this time over a minute... when the younger
one of the bunch, looked at
me and waved me on, like "what is your problem, lady,
we are just talking."

Pet peeve, if you are going to cross, for the love of God,
cross.. if you aren't then step
back at least 3 feet from the crosswalk and turn your back
towards the road. I am
tired of trying to guess what you are going to do.. and I
sure don't want a $90 ticket.

Maybe having flags at each crosswalk would be a good thing.
(there is only 3 of them
on the edge of town) that way, no flag.. we drive... flag,
we stop.

No comments: