Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Who was the teacher you would thank?

While in school.. good old ROGERS HIGH in Newport, R.I.
we had a teacher, Mrs. Clarke... Marion Clarke, I believe.
She was a no nonsense English teacher and she would be
horrified at my blog and all the mistakes and etc.
But I do remember, like it was yesterday, and it was 55 years ago...
"Don't come back to this school years from now and tell me,
I should have listened to you". "Pay attention to me now!!!"
"I don't want to hear it years from now." She was a great teacher.
Too bad I wasn't one of the ones who paid attention.

The other teacher, I think I did a post on him years ago. He was
my math teacher in 7th and 8th grade. That one I did pay attention.
Mr. Pelletier, Vincent Pelletier... he was from Fall River, Mass.
Great teacher, he made math fun.

So if you could go back in time or place, who would you tell
thank you for sticking it out with me, and I really appreciate it?
Actually while it is mostly teachers who did.. is there someone
else who made a difference in your life?

If I picked one other person, it would be my Aunt Harriet. She taught
me unconditional love, compassion... and always look at the situation
from the other guys side. And if none of this did any good.. then screw it.
LOL.. she had the best humor and had a knack of making all of us around
her, feel like we were the best one. Even though we knew she didn't play
favorites..we were all her favorites.

No comments: