Tuesday, August 21, 2012

they eat their own, don't they....

Rep. Todd Akin, from Missouri, made some pretty ignorant,
stupid, insulting remarks about women and rape.
So now everyone wants him to resign.
To take his name off of the ballot. NOW.. and most of them are from the
Republican party.
They say they won't stand behind him (meaning they won't
give him any running money). I guess they want him to drop out now so his
name won't be on the ballot come November. I guess that would mean they
would come up with some one else to rush in there.. Hoping that person would
beat the Democrat that is also running. Figuring Akin, sank the Republican
boat for that seat in Congress.

He has apologized over and over to all who will hear. Says he is sorry,
he chose the wrong words, he didn't mean what
he said.. he is sorry... he is so sorry... but all
it seems to be on deaf ears.

As much as what the man said.. disgust me... I got
to ask.. if we were to denounce and get rid of any congress person, who
said something stupid... something insulting... because of ignorance.............
there would not be many people in congress at all..... and
that includes both sides of the aisle.

So what should they do? I don't know...but I
suggest the biblical saying..
He of no sin, cast the first stone...

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

Good point!! What I want to know is how someone this dumb got elected. I'm smart enough to know that sometimes I talk first and think later which is why I will never run for office and keep my participation deep in the background.