Monday, August 13, 2012

You had to be British, I guess

Watched the closing of the Olympics in London.
I probably watched more of this Olympics
than in the past. It was very entertaining.. Even in the
groups I normally didn't watch. Like the runners,
water volleyball, soccer.

But one thing that was hard, was the opening
and the closing.. and if you were British it all
seemed sense.
I am not saying it wasn't good. As it was.
But baffling for me, as I didn't have a clue what was
going on or even most of the entertainers. I read in a magazine
about the opening, and then it made a lot
more sense to me. Too bad the announcers or what ever
you called them, didn't explain that to us. After all
if the magazine could, so could they. Surely they had some kind of program
and notes about it. They had been there a week before, so
must have seen some of the practices. Same thing with the
closing.. I would say over half of the entertainers I never
heard of.
Eric Idle, Spice Girls and such.. but the rest, no.
Don't think I am going to fair much better with the Rio
ones either. The only one that made sense to
me was Pele of soccer fame, when they played that at the
end. Oh, the sound system, sucked.

And who ever did the scheduling for NBC, I
surely hope they are gone by 2016. Never have I seen such a
disarray of broadcasting. It took me 4 days to find out
that the horse shows I wanted to see, was on a different
channel than the local NBC. And that it was on at 6:30AM.

And NBC's thoughts of prime time sure wasn't my idea
of prime time. I was up until 1am most mornings watching. I
really felt bad for those who had to work. So getting up
at 6am and watching until 1am.. had made thoughts of
napping during the day, except I am one who never could do
that. So nodding off at 6pm before the 'PRIME TIME' started,
was not pretty.
Hopefully in 2016 it is better

1 comment:

Betty said...

I think NBC did a perfectly dreadful job covering the Olympics. I was glad they were covering them, though, because there wasn't much chance they'd pre-empt any of my regular programming. There's nothing to watch on NBC any more, anyway. lol