Tuesday, August 14, 2012

PROMISES, PROMISES, it is all I get...

In life itself.. people make promises...
some keep them.
Some, well the old saying is .. it isn't
worth the paper they
are written on...

My kids knew if I made a promise.. I would
do it, no matter what.
I would have to be dead, not to keep it.
But you got to understand.. I rarely made
promises... very rarely.
I would say I will try my best.. but sometimes
things don't work
out like I plan.. so they knew if it was
going to happen.
If they got a ... we will see.. it was a
50-50 deal. I will try was a
70-30.
Same thing was true when I was working. My
residents/patients,
knew if I said I would be back in 10
minutes.. I would be back in 8 or
9. As I always gave myself some lead time. It was a matter of
pride.. matter of honor.. keeping one's
word.

So being I take promises very seriously in
my own life, I find it
disappointing and sad when others don't keep
theirs.
But
I have learn over the years, that promises are made lightly by others,
and
worthless by politicians. So they are taken with a grain of salt.

Why
people make promises when they know they aren't going to keep
them,
is the part I don't understand. For the
everyday person, just tell
me
you will try.. at least I know for sure there is failure .. well, I guess I
already
know that, that is why I rarely trust a promise. It depends on
how
close of a friend and how much their word has been worth in the past.

Politicians
it is a matter of bald-faced lying.. to spin.. They rarely have
control
over what they try to promise. I would
be more impressed if
they
said, well, this is what I would like to see done.. if I can talk the
rest
of them into it.... and etc... It
isn't just politicians, although they
are
the worse for it, but also companies.

I
guess you can say, I am a full blown cynic..

No comments: