Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Education....

Is there such a thing as too much education?
I personally don't think so.

Guess there are quite a few who think not too, as
there are a lot of students in their 30's, 40's, 60's and
even in their 80's.

The big shame is that education is so expensive.
A class can be from $60 to $350 a class. And that
doesn't include the books and etc.  Even the online
classes are these prices.

I have not only grandchildren in college, but also
some of my children...  they are blood and in-laws.
And I have a couple of grandchildren who are adults
with families and they too, are heading back to college
this year.  I am very proud of them all..

What saddens me is the fact that it is expensive. I am not
talking about the 4 year plan to be a lawyer, doctor, although those are outrageously expensive.. more than what my house cost me. ... but talking about the night classes for those who want to get ahead in life.  Especially for those of the low income
bracket.  The minimum wage group. $50 to $350 a class is out of their range. 

When you consider there are some who combine job, classes and family.. it is a hard road to walk... and some have to give up one of them.. and the class is the one to go.

If i were to win the millions lottery, that is what I would 
do with my money.... I would find those with minimum
wage who want to do classes... and pay for them. Every one deserves a chance.    




No comments: