Monday, September 23, 2013

Oh, my aching body

They say the day after is the worse.. I know for horse back riding that is true.. if you haven't ridden for years, you legs will feel like someone used them for a wish bone...

Yesterday, my daughter and I headed to Coeur d' Alene,
45 miles south of us.. at the crack of dawn..  It was a cancer walk that we decided to join.

Signed up last week, and we had to be there early to get
our packet... then we went to the different sponsors to see what was going on with them.  Got some good reading material about cancer and the Kootenai Cancer Center.. and some interesting freebies..  bracelets, scarves, dinner bell (my description) and neat pens.
After walking thru to see everyone's site, we headed to the car to drop off our goody bag.

Met up with friends who were also walking, but they were going for the 5K... being my hip hasn't been doing the best with rain coming and going, we did the 3K. (it is a mile or almost one).  At the tone of whistles
we were off at 10:10... and came across the finish line at 10:25 and some seconds.  I made good time.. and kicked in with fast walking, dashing thru the holes when some people separated enough for us to make
it thru.  I h ave always been a fast walker... never had the patience for strolling along...  So surprised and pleased that I still had it.

After the finish line we headed to the parking lot to get a head start of getting out of the area before the crowd.

Being we were in Coeur d' Alene, we decided we would to some looking shopping.. looking shopping is what you do when you have no or at least very little money... Also we did a quick trip to Costco to pick up some supplies. And hit about 8 stores to check
out some bedding for my daughter.. found some great pillows.

After hitting several stores, lunch at Safeway, and coffee at Starbucks, we headed towards home..

We beat the rain..  I took off my shoes, and relaxed.. haven't done this much walking in a long time.  And I slept like a rock. 

But this morning... my body is sending me a telegraph...  body sore. stop.. ache and pains.. stop.. and don't do this again.. of which of course, I am not paying any attention to it...   any day on the go with my daughter,
is a good day.. Got lots of days coming this winter to ... relax.. and stop..
Also the King is home with a cold.. but that is another post... lol



No comments: