Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Woes is me...

You haven't seen the trouble I have seen..
(to borrow a few words from Sam Cooke song)
 Sometimes I'm up and sometimes I'm down
Oh, yes lord
You know sometimes almost to the ground
Oh, oh yes lord

Still, nobody knows the trouble that I've seen
Nobody, nobody knows my, my sorrow
.
 You haven't been as sick as me... that is the cry of the male gender...
when they are sick...

At 3am... I am woke out of a sound sleep.. "WHERE IS THE NIGHT QUILL?
No I am not taking that store brand.. I need the REAL stuff... he says thru a nasal voice...    

There is no way, when woken up at 3am.. that it somes
out.. oh, sweetheart, I am so sorry you feel sick.. let me get up and find it for you.. in the cabinet where we keep it".    
More like.. did you look in the dang cabinet, in a voice that sounds like it came from the fog of sleep I was in.
But the thoughts ran a lot deeper and not so nice.

This was Sunday morning... and I had to get up at the crack of dawn to go on a Cancer walk with my daughter in Coeur d' Alene.. so 3am was not a time for me to be nice. Besides everyone knows.. I am not nice
until have a cup of coffee.

At 6:00am when I did get up, he was in his chair watching television.. and as I walked thru looking for my first cup of coffee, he sniffles, "I have been coughing all night." "I don't feel good" 

Got my cup of coffee, went back to the bathroom, pulled out 3 bottles, of Night Quill and the store brand of such, and Thera-flu or what ever they call it, and Day Quill (2 boxes) and Coldeze tablets... line them up on the counter... And went to the dining room table, got the Airbourne, that I had given him the night before.. Made a tea for him out of it. A few moans... and he drank it.

I got dress, my daughter showed up.. and we were out of dodge...

Afternoon was slightly better.  Made himself some soup... cough, hack, cough, hack.. "I got it bad"... "dang kid at work, who gave this to me." 

Woes is me... no one has been as sick as me.. that is the call of the male.

Women? They get up, fix some tea, take the meds, and start their day. Take a nap around noon, and back up to finish the day...  What a difference.

Thank goodness, he is heading back to work today.



No comments: