Monday, September 16, 2013

Pity party....

I woke up Thursday morning...dragging myself out of bed, with no ambition.. and starting a pity party for myself...

I was bummed because I couldn't figure out my computer...
and I couldn't multi-task anymore...
It seem like every time, I had more than a few things in the works, it would mess up and scramble with my molecules...

So I dragged my pity party butt out... and then I think my
A.A.D.D.(Adult Attention Deficiency Disease) must have kicked in... 

I was fixing my breakfast, and saw all those tomatoes that I needed to do something with.  I had looked up the recipe the night before on how to make marinara sauce.   I got the onions out and the peppers, and the garlic with olive oil and started to cook them... got out the Vita Mix and ran the tomatoes thru that... Got my roasting pan out... added my Italian seasoning to the onion mix... dumped it all in the roasting pan, mixed and put it in the oven.. for 4 hours... at the same time, while waiting for the onions to sauté.. I stripped my bed. put on new sheets. Ate breakfast, put the roaster in the oven, started up the washer for the sheets I took off...

Sat down while things were cooking, and washing.. fiddled with the computer.. restoring and etc. until someone from higher above took piety on me and had the computer magically fix itself when I made the correct click on... to which I have no clue what I did, so can't do it again.. if it happens again.

With that done, I turn to the sauce to see how it was doing..it tasted kind of bland.. so added some dried onions, more seasoning... and put it back.

Got the mail from my neighbor to mail, got the other mail..ran to the bank and got things done there... came back and tasted the sauce.. EXCELLENT.

Which brings me to the problem of ....how did I make the sauce taste as good?  Because I don't know how much I put of each in it. so won't be able to duplicate it.  Kind of like a meat loaf I made some time ago... it was the best, the most moist, tasting meat loaf I have every made.. for the life of me, I don't know what I did different. But
I have not be able to do it again

No comments: