Monday, February 24, 2014

Buttons or things we keep, for why?

Back in the days of when I use to make western
shirts.. I had a big supply of pearlized and other
types of snaps..

Also I had buttons.. all kinds, colors.. I increase
the supply, every time I threw away a shirt, blouse,
or dress... by snipping off the buttons.. Never know
when you will need them.

But my sewing days are over... only do patch work
now.. or a missing button..  And don't do any western
shirts anymore...

Saw on Facebook where some one had a round tin
of buttons.. and I commented that I had those too...
Of which my daughter asked if she could look thru
for her crocheting projects.. 

So I went to the place where all my sewing stuff is.
I have 3 draw like boxes under the bed.. Which I
have looked in them .... probably 3 times in the past
5 or so years ago, when I put them in there. Looking
mostly for colored thread and maybe a button..

As I was going thru these 3 draw like boxes I had
to ask myself.. WHY?  why do I keep these things?
What do you have that you keep? and rarely use.
Rarely meaning it could be years before you look
in that container?


For the nice young lady who saw me at Yoke"s
(for those who don't know, that is a local grocery
store) ... thank you for your kind words.. sorry I
slipped up and didn't ask you your name. I guess
I was so flabbergasted that some one local read it
besides Marianne and Toni.  So thank you for your
kind remarks and I apologize for my rudeness of
not asking your name. And thank you for reading
this daily.







No comments: