Wednesday, February 05, 2014

The frustrations of dealing with Dr. offices...

First off, I want you to know that 98% of doctor offices
are fine and helpful... but it is the 2% that will drive you over
the edge.

The King had a reaction to something at work.. We went to the ER and he was given meds... which helped.  We don't know what it is that made the reaction.. all we know is when he was under the bus, that dirt and etc. fell on him.. his face.  Even with safety glass on, it still burnt his face. He got out right away, went in and washed his face and hand very well. 

By the time got home, his face was puffy. Then he woke me
at 1am.. and said I can't see out my eye.  I turn on the light
and one eye was shut and the other one was almost.
Told him to get dress, and off to the ER we went.

Long story short.. he had to go to an Occupational something Doctor. Who didn't have a clue why  it happen but it sure did.
Just continue the meds.

It went down and the meds played out until the end of last week.
Friday it was starting to get bad again. Over the weekend it got better... Then Monday it was starting over. Tuesday a little worse so he wanted to go to an allergy dr. But you have to have a referral.
Was told he had to go back to the Occupational Dr. and get a referral.  And that is where it started to go crazy.

At the Occupational Dr. he said you need to go see an dermatologist.
So he gives a referral to one. They had called but no one answered.
It was on our way home, so we stopped by.  Was a possibility of an appointment at around 3.. Great...  Was given the usual paper work to fill out.. And THEN the gal said.. we have a problem.
You need a referral from your PRIMARY  doctor..   The King replied, but they told me I need one from the last doctor seen. Nope, got to be your main doctor..  So no appointment. .... off to the Primary doctor.
Got an appointment an hour later.. Went thru the whole explanation of what was going on.. and he gave the King a referral. Off to the dermatologist.  Office closed.. the sign says closed at 4pm. Looked thru the door at their clock and it says...... 3:52.

So I called from the parking lot, the scheduler. Explain the whole run around of the day.  She tells us.. well. we don't take referrals from Occupational Dr.  WHAT?  So we said ok, well, we were told to get one from the primary doctor.. and have one.. She gives the King an appointment for Wed. afternoon. at 2:15pm... AND THEN SHE SAYS..  you didn't need a referral from a primary doctor.. WHAT?
Don't forget to be there by 2pm.

So I get home.. and this is after I have gave a lecture to the King about loosing it with people.  That you just go with the flow, do what you have to do... try to keep smiling.. and then you can get pissed off when you get home.. Things go better that way. As being angry at the moment, people shut you down.. I gave him this little speech 3 times as he was dealing with this.

So we get home.. and he is not happy.. Well, true to my word, I told he could get pissed off NOW..  and the more I thought about it all.. the louder I got.. because it then dawn on me... When we were in the dermatologist office.. IF SHE HAD TOLD US ... that they don't do the occupational referrals... and we didn't need a referral from the primary doctor... HE COULD HAVE SEEN THE DOCTOR... THAT DAY!!!!  AND... IF THEY DON'T DO OCCUPATIONAL DOCTOR REFERRALS.. WHY DID THE DOCTOR SEND HIM THERE???? 

The King looked at me.. and said well, I am glad you waiting
until you got home to explode.  

Some how I don't think this is going to end well.. I just have
a gut feeling... if they didn't need a referral.. are we going to
have to pay for this out of pocket?  NOW THAT WILL REALLY HAVE ME GOING CRAZY...  And they wonder why people go postal...  we feel like a ping pong ball, bouncing from office to office. 

No comments: