Monday, February 03, 2014

Watching the Super Bowl with the King

Watching the Super Bowl with the King was
pretty great... and unusual.....

See the King hates football. Never watches a game.
Rarely knows one team from the other.. Does know
the Seahawks, as you have to be under a rock
not to know who the Seahawks are in this area.

At first he watched and got a kick out of the ads.
Then he fell asleep while watching.. but that does
not last long for anyone who watches the Super
Bowl with me. 

You see I like to watch the game. And if it is a close
game I will go the whole route.  And even with
out being a close game yesterday... it was still
interesting enough to keep me there.  And of course
when there is one who fouls or something like
that, I grumble. But when some one is running the
field.. well... I get noisy.. actually, I am prone to
yelling... RUN, RUN, RUN.. YOU S.O. B. ..RUN.
except I don't use the initials.  So there for... the
King was woke out of his slumber a couple of
times.

So out of self defense, he stayed awake. Next
thing I hear him grumbling.. over some of the
calls. Even with out knowing the game.. he couldn't
understand how a referee could call "holding" on a
guy who shoved without holding.. And there were
a few others that he didn't agree with.

At the end, he was yelling at the Seahawks as he
thought they were getting sloppy, and making bad
calls.   After all when you try to run up the center,
into the arms of 6 guys and don't get anywhere..
not once, not twice but 4 times... well, it was
ticking off the King.

You know, I might make him a football fan after
all.  After all if I have to sit thru his hunting shows
he can handle watching football games.. Too bad the

season is over.  

No comments: