Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I want to be 5 ..again..

I am tired of being the adult. The grown up.
I don't want to have to make sure we have the
proper food in the house. I don't want to have
to decide what to make for dinner.  I don't want
to have to make sure the bills are paid. The
clothes are clean.

I WANT TO BE 5 AGAIN..
Where I woke up at around 8 a.m.
I would get my clothes on and go to the
table and breakfast was already there.

The day would be full of playing with my toys
and running around outside. Seeing my friends.
Watch television cartoons.  And at lunch time,
my mom would call for me to come in eat.
Maybe a nap after lunch... and out to play
again. Until it was time for dinner.
Adults talking about things I don't understand,
Words like work and bills and maybe about
someone called the President. While I make
piles out of my dinner as I ate.  Followed by
desert, and no worries about being fat.

A warm bath, and pj's.. maybe some tv.
And then off to my warm bed. To have
the next day be the same.
The school would be new friends and learning
how to write my name.. and the playground.

Weekends would be filled with friends, and
rides in the car to the grocery store.. or just
to look at things around the highway. Summer
would be beaches... winter would be making
snowmen and angels.

My worse worry would be, would Santa
bring me the toy of my choice.  Which
would be forgotten by that day. As I
come down the stairs and see the
wonderment.. of the lights and presents.

At 5 everything would be new.. the wonderment
of animals and flowers, the ocean.... everything
in life would be a great adventure.  YEP, I want
to be 5..


No comments: