Monday, February 10, 2014

THE OLYMPIC'S

I have been watching the Winter Olympics.
I usually don't.  I really not into either one..
The Winter or the Summer Olympics.
I am not anti- Olympics.. just I can take
them or leave them.  I am more into the
horse ones in the summer, but because
they aren't really very popular, as the others
are.. they get shuffled to the late night or
very early morning.. as in 2am in the morning. 

But mainly because it is the Russian's who are
putting it on, I wanted to see what they would
do for opening ceremonies.. and also they usually
give the not so beaten path of the country, who is
hosting it..  And I have not been let down in
either bracket.  I guess because of one my 
favorite movies Julie Christie and Omar Sharif
in Doctor Zhivago  had some great Russian
scenery.

As I did watch the different competition.. I had
wondered, why is it there is such nastiness among
the countries..  Why not root for the best athletic?
Yes, you root for your own country men and women.
But find joy in good performance, no matter who
wins.  Let the athletics do their own thing.. the
very best they can..  After all, that was what this
whole games is for in the first place. So show
off the greatest of the athletic. 

When I was watching.. I was in appreciation
of the performance of the Russians.. the Norwegians,
the Japanese, etc. and of course of our own. But
as each one went on to do their best.. no matter
what country they were from.. I felt happiness for
that country and their people and what a great job,
he or she did..
And the nice thing is.. I saw some of the athletics
do just that.. congratulate other countries as they
did so well..

And by the way, as they showed Russia, itself.. both
summer and winter shots.. and their towns.. they really
have something to be proud of as well as we do.

So let the torch soar.....let the light come in to all of our hearts.






































No comments: