Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Donations…

Donations…

Do you donate to the national charities?
I don’t .. I only do local ones.. and I select which ones of those..  And then there is the personal funds… like Go Fund it.. and etc. for a local person..  I don’t do that either, unless I know the person and know the story to be true. And even then I got over to the person and give.   And then there is some I don’t do money at all.. But if they need food… I will go to the store and buy food for them.  If they need clothes.. I find out the sizes and I buy for them.. maybe at the thrift store, if money is short for me.

Got stiffed to many times in the past.. so rare is the money side of it. But if I know it is a genuine need, I will help out. I have gathered money with friends and we have paid the electric bill, and etc.

I learn about 50 years ago.. had a relative that was great at calling out for help for milk for the baby, food and etc.. Asking for $20…. Then find out that she and her husband went out drinking and dancing.  Bought cigarettes… heck, my husband and I couldn’t afford to go out.. yet we paid for them… under false pretenses.  My other sister in law and I were matching stories and found out we both got hit at least 3 times..  So I came up with … let us buy the items and give.. next time..  Imagine the surprised look when we showed up with milk and food. After the second request, and the same results.. the relative stopped asking..

So I have made it my way of doing things. I am not heartless, just don’t like to be taken advantage of.

How about you? Do you donate? Nationally? Local?  And personally, do you have a limit?


1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I donate to Panhandle Animal Shelter. I used to give money but now I buy everything needed for the foster kittens, food, litter, toys, replacing worn out cat trees. I fostered 33 last year. I have fostered 137 total.