Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Old Wife’s tale of January 1st.

Old wife’s tale I heard in 1959, on January 1st.was that what ever you do on January 1st of the year.. is what you will be doing the whole year around… 

That year.. was my first year in San Diego, California.. and on that date.. there was a mile earthquake.  Now a 18 year old.. from Rhode Island where the worse we had was hurricanes.. it crossed my mind, as I watch the over head light swing… they don’t make California houses very stable.   And to be honest with you.. I don’t know how many more earthquakes there were the rest of the year.  One in Idaho in 1985 scared me worse than those did. That is were the house, the truck in the yard was dancing.. and I was running thru the house at 6am, screaming at the kids.. GET OUT OF THE TRAILER… EARTHQUAKE!!


Now this year.. if that old wives tale is true… then I will be having breakfast with two of my grandchildren.. and watch my great grandson… and then having a fantasic dinner … made by my husband. 

No comments: