Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I can't hear you....

I can’t hear you…..

Saw years ago, a shirt that said…
“I AM NOT DEAF…. YOU DON’T TALK LOUD ENOUGH”.  
Guess I should have bought it.. 

I have worn hearing aides for about 6 years. I go in for a check up once a year.  That is at Costco. Which is what I could afford.   I had bought some before that.. that cost me over $2,000 USED.. reconditioned..  they were worthless (I could hear people behind me but not next to me or in front of me…and the doctor who sold them to me.. told me he couldn’t do anything with them..  and there was no guarantee as they were not new.  What a lesson.

So the King and I .. both of us with hearing problems.. decided to check out Costco. 1. they were cheaper..  2.. I COULD ACTUALLY HEAR WITH THEM!!!  With that came free cleaning each year, and free testing.   Last year I had them boost it up a bit..  I am afraid I am going to have to have them boost it up a LOT this time.. I am having more and more trouble hearing.  And those with soft voice…FORGETABOUTIT… And if some lowers their voice because they don’t want others to hear..  nope, nada… 
I even bought some of those cheaper ones they advertise in magazines.. at $49… that are suppose to be like tiny amp. … nope, did not work.  They lied when they said you could hear someone across the room.. hell, I couldn’t hear the person beside me.   
So anyone who is more than 2 feet from me.. it is a lost conversation.  And I am honest about it.. I have gotten so I tell them.. I don’t hear well, and if you want me to hear you, you are going to have to talk louder.. 
What is amazing.. some people I have no problem at all.. and they don’t talk extra loud.. maybe it is just the tone.
So if you see me.. and talk to me.. step up the volume for me.. as my hearing aide doesn’t go any higher.


No comments: