Wednesday, January 03, 2018

What party are you, they ask..

And the answer is neither. Well, not quite true. If you are a regular reader, you know I made up my own party back when Bush Jr. was running the first time.

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican.. and I hate saying I am an Independent, because some of those Independents are off center if you know what I mean..  So I made up the Cafeteria
Party… where you walk down the aisle of political parties and pick from each one..  but for the past 8 years I have been on a diet as there isn’t any one worth having.  Except for a few locals.  

I remember when they use to be good politician  men, as there was a rarity for women to be politicians. There were the Kennedy’s, the Eisenhower’s.

Eisenhower was a very friendly President. He use to come to Newport, R.I.  to the Naval base there.. where the War College was.  I use to walk to my job from home quite often. And when he was there, I would see him practicing his golf shots on the large lawns they had there. He and his guards were there.  He always waved at me each morning. All because the first time, I walked by, I waved at him.  I thought that was pretty cool.. I was too young to vote yet..so couldn’t  voted for him.

 Funny story.. I worked for the Naval Exchange on the base…and the first time he came on base, we all decided in our 2 offices that we  would go and watch him go by.  We were told we could only go on our lunch… IF he came at that time. We found out he was coming at 10’30am.. which was way before our lunch.  After talking, we told the bosses that we would go, and work thru our lunch time. One of the bosses said no.   we were bummed… At about 10:20, we knew he was coming soon…and we could make it to where he was going by, in about 5 minutes.. We all decided to go.. after all, if we ALL went..what could they do?  They couldn’t fire all of us.. So we agreed and went… and we did work thru our lunch time, so the government didn’t lose any work time.  I had a brownie camera in my pocket and when he came, I took a picture..  And when I got it developed.. there was only the flag on the front of the car in the picture.  I guess that is the first walk out they ever had.. a protest.. before protesting was cool.

So what party am I.. none of the ones you know about.. I am a Cafeteria Party…









No comments: