Wednesday, May 30, 2018

AND THEN THEY WERE 50


AND THEN THEY WERE 50!!!

Happy birthday to my twin son’s… 50 years! Wow
It doesn’t seem like that long ago that I brought you home from the hospital.

It has been a ride for sure.  See with twins there are two kinds..  Identical and Fraternal, and thankfully mine where fraternal..   I had visions of feeding the same baby twice thinking I fed both of them.
But mine were as different as night and day.. and still are.. One was dark brown hair… and the other is blonde… One is taller than the other.. Those who know them..  and know my other kids..  now confuse them.. but not with each other, but their older brothers.  The dark haired one looks like my oldest son and the blonde looks like his just older brother. In fact their aunt was telling some one at the blonde’s wedding that they were the twins.. when the darker hair one came by at that time.. and said.. “I’m sorry Aunt Pat, but I am his twin… and they all laughed.

Raising twins can be an adventure.  First off I was reading about letting them have their own individuality, so don’t dress them alike..  So I stopped that.  Also to have two cakes on their birthday, so they don’t have to share one cake.
And it has worked..  even to this day… at the age of 50, they are as different as can be.  Different attitudes, different life styles.   And can be closer to an older brother who looks similar to them.  Also said not to call them... THE TWINS. 
so it was rare that I ever referred to them as the twins. 

When they were from 5 to 12, they were fight like their siblings but seem more so…  Seems the other boys would stop sooner, because the younger one would give up and the older one won… but with twins, there is no older one or younger one, so it is a continuous battle..  So I came up with the idea of boxing gloves.. which was kind of a weird results. It seems they would battle back and forth, push back and forth, an occasional punch.. driving me nuts.. but as soon as the gloves came out.. then they decided neither one of them wanted to fight.. So after a few slugs, and telling me they didn’t want to fight, I would have them stop. And tell them, then stop fighting all together.. or I would bring out the gloves. Which would work for about 2 or 3 weeks..

It has been a great 50 years…. And I wouldn’t miss it for the world..   I am very proud of them.. each one. As I am my other children.  Each has turn out well, each are great husbands, each are great fathers and do well in their each occupations.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GUYS… you might be 50, but you are still my boys… 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! Happiest birthday! You did a great job!