Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Be careful what you say to a 2 year old...


Be careful what you say to a 2 year old.

This boy is getting me into trouble..

I am just being myself.. I was a stern mother, so I was a stern grandmother.. and well, it continues on to me being a stern great grandmother. 

I think you should start off at the git go.. Because what you laugh and think is cute at 2, will come back to bite you later.    Also when they show they understand, and can tell you NO… then you know there is reasoning in there..

One day, my great grand son who I should refer to as my shadow, lil man… was acting up..  (throwing food on the floor from his high chair)…after several, No, don’t do that.. picking it up,…  I had it.. so when he did it the 4th time.. I turn and glared at him with THAT LOOK.. (you all know it, you have used it)…and said NO.. NO..  Which he straighten up and didn’t throw it any more..  This happen, maybe twice??   Well, he has come up with his own rendition of it, according to my daughter (the grandmother) and blames me.   As he looks at you sternly, with his own glare look and say…NYET…  well it sounds like that.  I told my daughter I never used a Russian word… I said NO..  Of which she laughed and pointed at him… and said..  do you see..  the look?  That is YOU MOM… just because he doesn’t have No down pat … (he does now) doesn’t mean it isn’t you, Mom..

Then there is the day, we were outside.. watching  birds and setting up his pool…  there were two small black birds… with white around their eyes.. that I don’t like…  So I went CAW  CAW  CAW.. like a crow.. and the black birds took off. …He loved that.. and later, as he is resting in his chair…. Two small black birds came and he stood up fast and said.. CAW CAW CAW.. and even running after them.
Now my daughter says I am teaching him prejudice. What?  She said did you do it to the light brown bird?  Or the one with yellow on it.. or even a robin.. And I said well, no, just the ones who chase off the other birds from the feeder.. She said.. see.. prejudice. But I am using the call of the black bird called a crow..  She said no difference… the little black birds are being chased off.. 
I got to figure this out..  do I stop being me.. or stop having my daughter around. Lol….   Guess I will keep them both….   BUT can’t wait until lil man picks up some of his father’s or grandfathers words.. have warn both of them.. but they haven’t slowed down while in the garage.. 
See how grandma handles that one... although she straighten out Poppa when her son was young.




No comments: