Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hug your children

These past weeks in Idaho, have been
hard to take and understand.

Why do people do what they do? Why
can't society find answers to end this?
Is it happening more often or is it in
the media more?

I never heard of child abuse, especially
sexual abuse as a child. Even as a teen.
My first knowledge of such things
happening was when I was in my 20's.

I had moved to an area in Washington
State and shortly after, there was a case
of a father accused of sexual abuse of a
daughter. I was horrified. Did I lead a
shelter life until then? And even that was
the only one I had heard of for several years.

Then the next one prove to be false
accused after going to trial. Again it
was the father. Then years later before
I heard about another one. And many
years later to find out an ex, without the
law involved, and the accusers being adults.
And he was dead.

Then in the past several years, it is
become a weekly thing, and over half
of them are predators. Now you don't
dare leave a child unattended even for
a second. Even in their own yard.

The freedom I had as a child is gone.

The freedom my own children had, is gone.

What a sad world this has become.

I pray to God that society can find
a way to keep our children from
being disposable.

No comments: