Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Match Maker, Not Me...

Over the years from time to time
I have been asked to find some one
suitable for a date for a friend.
Or did I know a friend that this
friend could go out with. I have
refrain from doing so each and every time.

Well, last year I gave it a try. Dumb
and stupid.. I should have stuck
to my guns. I really have no idea
what attracts one human being to
another. I wasn't doing so well
myself over the years.

It was only the last two times that
God shine down on me and gave me
two wonderful men. One who stuck
it out with me for 17 years before
God needed him at home. And then
there is Sweetie, who has hung in there
for 18 years, and after 13 years decided
we should actually make it legal. Being
there is an age difference there, I was
dragging my heels. But he convinced
me that he would want to take care of
me in my old age, and I believed him.

It has been great. While we drive each
other crazy from time to time. Especially
if a project is involved. But he always
has my back and I always have his.
And we love each other, which sounds
simple. But life isn't simple.

So how do you judge how others conceived
another human being. Because it sure
doesn't seem like it works out. My one time
was actually two times... it was my first
and my last time of trying it.

A match maker I never will be.

No comments: