Friday, July 08, 2005

Staying away from Sandpoint

I have decided I am not going to
Sandpoint anymore, until summer
is over.I have always know that Sandpoint
is horrible in the summer and during
sking season. That is if we get snow.

But I tried to get thru Sandpoint from
the beach area, going up First street
and then Cedar and out of dodge. And
by the time I was rounding on to east on
5th.... I was really wanting to get out of
dodge bad. As my road rage was starting
rear its ugly head.

Sandpoint traffic is bad enough in its self.
But I came across 4... count them 4 trucks
unloading supplies. I came out of the beach
area, and turn in the right lane. I always keep
to the right so I can turn at 5th and Cedar.
But I had no sooner got into the right lane
and there 2 blocks down is a UPS truck.
I check the lanes, as I last minute dodged
around the UPS truck, only to find myself
behind a semi with trailer back into the
sidewalk. Crossing almost 2 lanes.. Is this
legal? So now I have to stop and wait for
some one kind enough to let me thru.
Finally, I get around that one and I am
in the middle because I see a FEDEX truck
ahead at Coldwater Creek area. I get
around the corner and there in the 200
block of Cedar is another truck blocking...
By now I am heating up, and stopped as
the traffic is coming around the bend like
a race track. Who open the gates, Nellie?
Hindsight being always better, I should have
just quit right there, and head down Second
Avenue and take the back roads behind Safeway.

Finally some one felt sorry for me, and let
me thru. I am trying my best to keep myself
in the 25 mph limit, but as I am coming
towards the Larch Street light, I am beginning
to feel like a race horse myself, looking out
the starter gate. Sure enough as I go by the
Shell station I am hitting 35, and 45 by the
time I hit the underpass of the railroad, and
around the corner, thru the green light, and
I am FREE ... FREE AT LAST!!.... around
the corner by the Elks golf course... free.....
and then... a car... doing 30 in a 45!!!. What
the heck are they thinking???? They pull
into the Hoot Owl, ever so slowly....and I am
putting the pedal to metal, I am only 4 minutes
to home and out of this madness.

Yep, it is time to stay the heck out of Sandpoint.
Keep it to the Boyer Street and the back streets.

No comments: