Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dirty Jobs- Project #3

By dirty job, I don't mean that I will
get dirty, although that is a possibility.

Dirty job, meaning, it is a job I don't like
to do, I postpone it for ever. Most people do.
Even though you know it has to be done,
you will go and stack more instead. It is
worse than cleaning out your files or filing
your papers you put in the box to be filed.

It is cleaning out your garage. AAHHHHHH!!
We have two garages. The big garage I could
care less how it is, if it is clean or whatever.
That is the big garage... that is the KING'S
garage.

The little garage is the one that came with the
place. I can't really say it is a one car garage
as it would have to be a VW Beetle, if it is.

This garage was suppose to be clean out 7
years ago when the big garage was built. As
the King would always call the little one, my
garage. And I would always hear about "when
I get my BIG garage" you can have that dinky one.

The new garage was built, and some of the stuff
did leave. But no way, did he take enough. The
place is still full. We have seen the middle about
3 different times. For short spans. Because like a
table, it becomes a catch all. Open the big door,
place what ever you bought from the store, yard
sale, friend gave you, and etc. in there, and close
the door.

There is even boxes there that have not been open
since we moved here in 1998. My idea is if we don't
know what is in there, and having used it for almost
10 years, then we don't need it. But I know we will
open it. And you know how that goes. You end up
keeping 80% of the stuff.

Well, project # 3. Clean out the garage. We have
put up a temporary garage in front of it. It is one
of those ones with a frame and tarps. We have
closed the end of it, so no one can see it. My
idea is to go thru the wood garage, place the
"get rid of stuff, that is too good to throw away"
in the temp. And when we are done, open up the
end and place a yard sale sign up.

We started today to clean out the wood garage.
What a joke. There is so much stuff in there, that
we were just moving it from side to side. Got to
come up with a better plan.

So tomorrow, we will clean out one corner.
Then place the keep stuff there, and put the
other in the temp. And throw away the junk.

That is the plan... will let you know next
week how we do. This is going to be at least
a week, maybe two week project. God I hate
junk/good stuff.

Then again, my idea of good stuff and the KING'S
idea of good stuff, is not very close.. That could
be a problem. But I have told him if it is so good,
he can put it in HIS garage... he is getting better
about letting go.

No comments: