Tuesday, June 05, 2007

TAXES...+

You know the big conversation is
going to be "Oh, My God, look how
high our taxes are" We, here in Bonner
County got our assessment for the year.

Our place, while doing nothing different...
gain $20,000 in value. We will be taxed
on $7,000 more than we were last year.

There is just something wrong with having
your property gain so much value when nothing
is different from last year. Not a shingle, not the
paint, oh.... I guess we did make a change. We
replaced a rotten window.

And when looking down at the listing of who
is getting our tax money... I am baffled. There
is 4 listed under Lake P.O. which is our school
district. I am baffled for two reasons... One is
because I thought with the rise of our sales tax
we would have less school district tax... and the
second part is there is one listed as Lake P.O.
OTHER. Now if you are going to tax me.. tell
me what it is for... not OTHER... that is like
putting MISC. I am peeved.

No comments: