Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Miss Cannonball

You all know I have a galpal. She is the
best. She has a big heart. She is a nurses
aide. She is a very caring person. And she is
my friend.

Miss Cannonball is the name she has
gotten or Sister Lorraine. You will know
why, when you hear the rest of the story.

On Sunday night, the King and I and my gal
pal decided to cool off from this hot weather,
with a swim in the lake.

We have our favorite place, but as we got
to it, some other people already had it. So
we decided to go around the point (as we call
it) of Sunnyside to the public dock. It is a combo
of boat ramp, and dock.

There wasn't anyone there but the waiting
trucks and trailers. The water was wonderful.
Refreshing cool. We were swimming and laughing.
Wonderful time... The King did a semi dive/
belly flop, which we gave him a bad time.

My galpal says to me, as the King is starting
to swim back to us... I think I will cannonball him.
I said, yea, right. As I slipped into the water to
swim to the left of the King.

As we met, I stood up and so did he.
We were to our waist in water.
Of which he saw my galpal start to run,
and he said "what the heck" which by
that time, she yelled CANNONBALL!!
And the water splashed up over us.
We all laughed...

She then stood up, and said to us....
"I think I broke my leg." I thought she
was joking, about how the sting of the
water felt like she broke her leg. But
then I heard the King said....." I think you
are right". All of our hearts sank.

I got out of the water after getting her
to hang on to the dock and stand on
the good foot. I took all of our stuff and
thru it in the back seat. Then laid a
blanket and towel across it. The King
got the car as close as he could to
the water.

We got on each side and had her hop
closer to the edge of the water. Had her
sit on the dock. She spotted a driftwood,
as we were trying to find something for a
splint. Put the driftwood on her leg, wrapped
it in a towel. The King found some white rags
and we tied it all together.

Had her hop with her arms around our necks
to the car. A man and wife came. So he held
her leg up.She sat in the car, the King went to the
other side and grabbed the blanket to slide
her across the seat. And off we rushed to
the ER.

Long and short of it, she broke both bones.
On Monday later afternoon, she was in surgery.
Came thru with flying colors. We waited for
her, and then got to see her. All bundled up
in blankets and warming sheets. One of which
is around her head. Looking like a nun's cap.
That was Sister Lorraine.

I put up a picture of a wet cat, and a caption of
Gal Pal, bad hair day?? makeup kit is in the
closet. As I knew she would not remember any
thing I told her. Which was sad. You see the 4 of
us.... She, her friend, the King and I .. have wicked
sense of humor. So for an half hour we kept her
awake and laughing. The crew was laughing. Which
was good as we thought we might get kicked out.
Told her it was a shame as we didn't video tape it
so she could see it later... as she won't remember
anything tomorrow, about tonight. She laughed.
We found out that the hospital crew calls her ......
the rest of the story..... Miss Cannonball...

We have the driftwood. Which the King is going
to paint a picture of a dock and a gal cannonballing
with the title.....Miss Cannonball on it.

No comments: