Friday, July 20, 2007

Road Rage???

I don't think it is road rage.

I take my grandson to work 4 days
out of the week. At 4 p.m., the start
of work traffic. Usually it isn't bad as
we are heading in, and they are heading
out.

It takes about 12 minutes from my door
to his job. Lately with the work on the
bridge and summer traffic, I have been
giving it a half an hour, so he won't be
late.

Tuesday, I don't know what the foul
up was, but it took me 15 minutes to
get just from the Chamber of Commerce
building to the first light in town. To those
of you who don't live here, that is about
2 and half blocks. I have used up 21 minutes
to get to that light. That is when I decided,
to jump down one street. Cut across 3 or 4
more streets to one of the main streets that
will take me back to the 5th Avenue, that I was
on. There is a light there but the traffic has
plugged most of the intersection.

After the light changed to my favor and every
one is still sitting where they were, I was
able to squeeze between two cars, and
go in the lane on the far side, and drop
down another street. Going 3 blocks, cut
across to the next street, dropping him off
within a block and half of his job. It is now
4:30 p.m. I usually have him there by 4:20
at the latest, in the worse of traffic.

Then I have to figure out how to get out
of town. So zigging and zagging thru
the streets that aren't popular, I make
it back to 5th Avenue heading out of
town. As I head out I see the semi that
was in front of me as I was heading in
town, on the other side still. He has gone
one and half blocks since I left behind him.

All thru this, my mind went to the self
righteous people who keep blocking the
bypass. I wish them 4 hours every morning
and every evening in the middle of such
messes. I wish them missing their appt.
because of it. I wish them to sit in their
car with windows open, to smell the diesel
of the truck in front of them.

I wish that the people of the town, the long
time locals, who want this bypass
to get a class suit against these people for
endangering our health by breathing diesel
fuel even if it is filtered thru an air conditioner.

I wish them.... well this is a family blog, so
use your imagation of some of my unsavory
remarks and thoughts. That isn't road rage is
it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO not road rage. Road rage is when you roll down your window and shout at someone to Hurry Up because he's reversing in an intersection that you're in the middle of and about to get hit. And then yelling one last profanity as you speed past him, completely enraged. Me? Road Rage? Guilty.

Untangled Family Roots said...

LOL you are too funny wordtosser. That isn't road rage. Like angela said yelling profanity at someone, giving them a little gesture...if the kids aren't in the car, now that's road rage.

My best friend till this day....we use to live together in CA while my hubby was in the army and she was pregnant. I use to take her around mostly because she was never comfortable with driving in crazy traffic. Me I didn't mind. Either they watched out or helped them watch it. I use to honk my horn and yell at idiots that blocked intersections or cut me off in traffic. She would also tell me "Amy, damn it, stop that! One of these days they are going to pull out a gun. The problem it they are going to miss and hit me not you!!!!!"

We laugh about it now. I'm not that bad anymore, but I still don't put up with stupidity on the road.

Thanks for bringing back that old memmory. God I even remember the awful looking four door burgandy Oldsmobil I was driving then. lol

PinkAcorn said...

Through the yellow pages I made a pedicure appt last Friday at Heaven the Spa. So after realizing it was no longer by the long bridge I called 411 from my cell..no such luck. Well, much to my surprise "Heaven" is no longer part of the name and the place moved to the Seasons Resort. This was after I had to get out of my car and run across the street to ask one of the police men trying to catch J-walkers to be informed of the move. Where is this story going? Oh yeah, So here I'm up on the 2nd floor at Season's "The Spa" getting my pedicure and a train rumbles by and I mean RUMBLES! I can see why Mr. Potter is so against the biway going in right in front of Seasons. But hey, he should have done his homework....greedy, greedy, greedy.