Thursday, September 20, 2007

Newspaper troubles.....

I think I am getting the hang of
why the newspapers are having
trouble.

It is the garbage that is in it. Front
page is getting to be commercial and
scandal sheet like. Even our local
paper is getting to be mostly a
social page. They did pretty well
this past Tuesday with news.

You know news, the WHO, WHAT,
HOW, and WHEN... part of news.

And to be honest with you, I don't know
what all I want from a paper, but I do
know it is taking me less and less time
to read it. I cancelled both paper this summer.
Over all, I didn't miss them. And that is sad.

I did sign up for the local, because they were
so desperate for readers, they offered their paper
for the unheard of $1 a week. So I sign up for a
year. After all, that kind of deal won't come again.
I do buy it in the summer on Fridays, for the Clip
and run yard sale column. Also for the social
part of it. And of course we all read the obits, to
make sure we aren't there. So for 50 cents more
I get the rest of the week.

The Sunday is worthless to me. Local is within
the first 3 pages. So that and the magazine part
is the only part worth reading. Rest hits the fall,
as it is all Coeur d Alene or National news we
already saw on television.

But the media is getting harder and harder to
sit thru. I am so sick and tired of OJ, Brit, and
the rest of them. Who the heck cares besides
the 2% who really do. And then you have Bid,
using the media to scare the rest of the world.
Heck, he doesn't need any weapons but the media.

ok, I stepped down off the box..

No comments: