Thursday, June 11, 2009

Well, Ollie, you really did it this time..

I open a can of worms that I almost
couldn't fix. It took me 6 hours off and
on to fix it. I tried over 12 things. Did
all kinds of research, and found others
having problems with it too.

So what did I do to open this can of
worms... Got a notice that I needed to
update to IE-8. I clicked on install IE-8. What
a BIG MISTAKE. There were a few changes
which I could live with. But one HUGE one
I couldn't.

I went to set up a post for Saturday. My
routine is to do a email form. For many
reasons. One spell check, two I can
change and copy paste things, and also
I save my post. So I can send them to an
aunt who loves my blog. (don't know why).
So I write it up and check it and then copy
paste it to the blogspot form. Well, that was
until today, after the IE-8. Today the paste
would not work. No way, Jose. I tried all
kinds of ways. NOTHING.

Then I found out by Google, that I am far
from the first one. And no one had a solution
that worked.
One said to uninstall it and then the old IE-7
would return. NOT. There is no download for
Vista for IE-7. I ran one that thought it would work,
it took 45 minutes for my dial up. Only to get
to the end to be told... can only use on XP, will not
work on this system.
SCREAM!

So I went and used RESTORE. Twice. Went
back 3 weeks. Then the virus protection kicked
in telling me that I was not covered as it hasn't been
done for 3 weeks. Low gut scream.

After all is said and done, it finally worked. I think.
What a wasted day!!
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

No comments: