Monday, October 12, 2009

Do you really want to fly anymore?

Remember when flying was something you look
forward to? Unless it was for work, I guess it wasn't
so much fun. But when you flew home to see the folks,
Or a vacation... the flight was part of the deal and fun.

Now.. it is a burden.. because you worry about getting
there on time, because you have to allow extra time to
check in. And to get thru the electronic checks. Doing
your strip for the terrorist checkers.

Before your family went with you to the flight area.
Now you can't. You use to come off the plane and look
for a familiar face... now you walk like cattle thru the
halls until you get your luggage then you can search
out for your family or friends.

And now, it isn't all the checking in, but the extra
prices that have been stacking on since the first of
the year.
First it was extra charge for your extra luggage,
and then for any luggage, $15 to $30
extra leg room...$25
blanket and pillow ...$7.
food and drink is extra now.

And now they want to charge extra for the
busy days of flight. Like all the holidays.
So if you are going home to see the folks
this Thanksgiving, or Christmas time...
figure you are going to spend $10 more.

Flying is becoming the thing to do for the
rich once again. As that was what flying was
in the 1950's

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I dont fly to well as it is lol.... the poor doodles that was either side of me when I flew to Boston had grip marks on their arms LOL I kid you not.... I did warn them :) - from the moment I get on the plane I dont move from my seat LOL neither do I eat the meal provided or drink incase I have to get up to go to the loo.... there is NO WAY I walk on a moving plane lmfao.... no wonder I got off after a 9 hour flight dehyrated and like starving marvin lol.....

x

Mari Meehan said...

I HATE to fly. Period. The added inconveniences don't help any.