Monday, September 13, 2010

Worthless Holiday

Guess it isn’t a holiday but a day
of recognition. . What ever…

I think Grandparents day is one of the useless
holidays. Think about it…how do you become a
grandparent? You first have to be a mother or a father.
Which we already have a big todo over those two days.
The guilt trips that are not only put on the children to give
Gifts, call, take out to dinner…but also lay it on to the
Husband/wife as well… So why, should you get another
Day and call it Grandparent Day?

Now if they really want to do something …how about.
Sibling Day. It is too long to call it Brother/Sister day.
But think of it… You can be a Sister and not be a mother.
You can be a Brother and not be a father. After all, maybe
you didn’t get married, ever… or if you do, maybe you chose
not to have children… So where is your holiday or day of
Recognition.?

You could have cards of “wow, we both made it thru our parents
raising, together.” Or, You know I don’t tell you very often, but I
appreciate all that you did when we were growing up.” And of course
all the funny cards of “ Hi, Funny Face, just wanted to let you know
I love having you for a Sister” and etc…

Now Happy Sibling Day I could get into… who knows, maybe it
would be a good enough excuse to open the door to old hurts and
resolved them…

And yes, I am a grandmother, and I don’t need my grandchildren feeling
guilty because the day went by and they didn’t say HAPPY GRANDPARENT
DAY… heck I didn’t even know it was, until my Pastor brought it up..

No comments: