Tuesday, April 12, 2011

No room at the Inn

We have decided to replace our carpet in our house.


The Living room and hall way that is.. After much


deciding on what we wanted… the King went and


picked out what he thought we wanted (he did a good


job of color) ordered it and put down the deposit as a


surprise for my birthday. That was the easy part.



Now we have about 2 weeks to clear out our living room.


And my hall closet, if there is any left over, they said they


would do that too. This is a linen closet, blankets, sheets


and etc. Not too bad, but boy did I have stuff crammed in


there that I forgot, in the back.



THEN there is the living room. Now I don’t know what your


living room looks like, but mine is wall to wall around the room


with the middle open. But you can figure about 4 feet along


the walls, is something. And I wish it was all furniture like


chairs.. but no.. we have, let me see and count.. 3 cabinet


like tables, plus a coffee table my son built over 25 years ago.


Which has little cabinet cupboard in the middle and two


openings, one on each side. This unit weighs a ton. Sliders


are the only thing that will move it.. (Sliders are the greatest


invention I know of) We also have 3 bookcases. All full to the gills.



I have emptied the bookcases and removed them to the


garage.. We have 4 totes full of books. Which we moved


by a dolly, as those babies were heavy. I am amazed at


how much stuff we have collected. And we had a yard sale


before we moved in here. And two since..does this stuff breed?



Anyway, I have to go get some more totes… and my


back bedroom is full. The bed is covered from foot to


headboard.



So we have no room at the Inn… hopefully no one


decides to surprise us.

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Wow! That sound s like a real mess. But lucky you! You get new carpet.

stebbijo said...

Yeah, and you can declutter, have a great spring yard sale, and have more room!