Thursday, July 26, 2012

Great Grandma Duty

Tomorrow early am.. two sweet little guys (meaning one girl and one boy)
will be showing up at my doorstep...delivered by their grandmother, my
daughter. Dad is Army and he and the mom are heading
to California for some kind of a appreciation celebration.

So two little sleepy heads will show up at the early hour.. and then shortly
after they will become live wires. He is 2 or 3 and she is 4. And they are
typical little ones.. Especially the little guy. Hell on wheels, always on the
go. So bring out the Nana's toy box...

Lucky for me, I have a large and fenced in yard. And the weather is suppose
to be in my favor. I will have to try to reach back in this old mind of mine
and remember what kind of games little ones want to play besides carry the dog,
pull her by the tail and chase the cat. I think Rokon will find a hiding place for
the day, In the garden or somewhere under some bushes.
Misty knows to hide under the bed.

We should do pretty well, and I am glad to help out, while Mom and Dad
get some time to themselves, and have fun too. But come night fall, they
will be all grandparents charges. They do a lot better than I do, they are
younger and have more toys. lol..

So late Friday night, you will know which one is me.. as the kids will leave
about 5 and I will be the one at 6 laid out in the chair with the wine glass in
her hand. LOL... as I haven't taken care of little ones for 18 years.

No comments: