Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Moving on Up....

Sherman Hemsley, TV's George Jefferson, dies
is the headline...

Seems like there are a lot of our favorites are moving on up.

Kitty Wells has passed away... I had the good fortune to see her in
person with her husband Johnny Wright at the Bostonian Ballroom in
El Cajon, Ca. in the early1960's. She was such a sweet lady with a beautiful
voice. This was before Loretta Lynn became a big name.
Kitty was old time country western music.. With Ernest Tubb and
Hank Snow, Jim Reeves.
These were some more that I saw there.. and
Ernest, boy did he have a huge ring. I was on one side of the counter and he
was on the other, and he asked me to hand him the sugar for his coffee...When
he reached for the sugar, I saw that huge ring. Jim Reeves stayed over
the 1:30 am stop time. He sang until 2:30 am. He truly was a gentleman.
Glen Campbell, and Buck Owens use to come down from Bakersfield and
sing at the Lakeside Inn there.

Seems like parts of my young adult hood is passing away .. Andy Griffith,
Ernest Borgnine in McHale's Navy... and the movie Marty... and many more.

I know as I age, that it stands to reason, my favorites are aging and passing
away. I know when Johnny Cash passed away, I felt like my 20's, 30's and 40's all went
with him.

No comments: