Monday, July 16, 2012

Thank goodness for blogging...

On Thursday night, I saw my computer, lack of a better
word..crash.
I was doing a restart after doing a restore... and a little
sign came up
that had letters and numbers, telling me, that it wasn't
going to start
because it was lacking something I needed to reset up. After trying
everything I could think of.. and still could not get pass
the sign.
Restart, cooling off ,safe mode and etc.
So had to resort to F3, the
Recovery... which means good bye all things personal on the
computer.
Documents, pictures and etc.. Back to factory condition... meaning
when I got it from the factory.

My heart sank, because it had been about 3 months since I
had down
loaded my recent pictures. Which I do every 3 months.. but
hadn't
gotten to it... GOOD BYE PICTURES...

But wait.. I can get some of them.. I have some of them on
my
BLOG.!!! So it isn't
a total loss.. It is a recovery of about 2%,
put at least it isn't total.

Right now, it isn't as bad as I fear, because I had saved
important
things.. but the realization of it all, will come when I go
to retrieve
what I need... and find out ... that it was before the crash...
Gosh I miss hard copy paper stuff...space consuming yes, but
at
least it doesn't disappear before your eyes..

On top of the list of things that humble you... computer
crashing
has to be up there at the top.

And thank you son#4 for not only telling me that a computer
is just
a toy, (a darn frustrating toy), but for giving me a outside
of the computer
hard drive to download things to safe..

Onward, forward, and
trying not to look back...

No comments: