Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life's joys....


Over the years the King and I have joked about him in a red convertible.
We have passed some and I will point out, there goes your car..
Well, when we were at the "go to guy" for our mechanic stuff.. in the
parking lot for sale was a 1995 RED Pontiac Firebird. And of course the
famous words came.. look... there is your car... lol...
Well, he decided to look at it and was given the chance to go for a spin.
I was driving my car back home, as I passed him going back to the garage.
I didn't see any grill at all on that car.. it was all out shined by the grin on
my dear husband's face. I knew there was going to be a red car in our future.
He hummed and hawed for two days.. yes, I want it.. we shouldn't spend the
money on another car... no we don't need it... where am I going to put it in
the winter.. (I added, he could clean out the small garage and put it in there.)
Yea, but we have too many. I replied we could sell my little white car, as
it was starting to nickel and dime us.. Yea, that would be nice.. but no.. I
don't need it..We will get it for you, he says... Oh, no, I replied.. this is all
your car... And that is the way it went all day and night on Monday.
Tuesday, he calls from work on lunch time.. what are you doing, he asked.
Nothing, just some house work and etc. why? Well, I was thinking... I think
I will stop by to see the red car... lol.. Thought you had decided you didn't want
it. Well, I was just thinking.. Told him this was his last chance to the
"Red Convertible".... so he better think hard... it would be the last expensive
item, that he will get while I am alive.. So better make up your mind.
He comes home.. paces, tells me what the bottom line was for the price..
Checked with insurance gal, and it is affordable... So we went over and looked
and he is still humming and hawing.. told him last chance.. now or never.
OK, I will .. we went in .. paid for it, went to the motor vehicles dept, got
license, went to insurance company .. all covered...
He takes me for a ride in it.. and I asked.. so what finally got you to say
ok? He said, he didn't want to be sitting in a wheel chair in a nursing home
and think... I COULD HAVE HAD A RED CONVERTIBLE...lol...
So being we had not gotten each other anything for our birthdays, as we
couldn't think of anything we needed... that we had all we needed.. and that
was each other... I told him... HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. for the next 4 years. lol..
After all when a guy turns 60... he deserves to have something special.
And that grin, as he drove out of the driveway.. paid for it in full...
The joys of life.. for me.. at least, is to see someone I love, so very
happy...

2 comments:

MLove said...

Sounds like a good move. Enjoy yourselves. Looks like some fun times ahead.

Mari Meehan said...

Pretty darn cool!