Friday, August 09, 2013

Children not allowed.

There is a restaurant in New York that has a 7-7 rule.
At the risk of being called anti-children…I agree with them.

The 7-7 rule is no children under the age of 7 after the hour of 7 p.m.

When they started separating people in restaurant by having a smoking side/room and a non-smoking side/room, I thought they should have had a children and non-children side.  Family room for those with children. And a regular side for the non children side.

When people called me a child hater… I reminded them that I had 8 children of my own.  And I will tell you, none of my children saw the inside of a restaurant until they were in their teens.  They thought all restaurants were outside seating. 

I did that for two reasons. One for my own sanity… kids can be messy.
The other is I felt the people in a restaurant who paid big bucks, as oppose to those of us who did mom and pop fast food, (this was before McDonald’s) which is cheaper…. deserved to enjoy their quiet meal.

Actually most of the time it is the parents who don’t control their kids. When you are trying to eat your meal with your sweetheart, or a good friend, to visit as you eat… and some child is running amuck thru the building, or sitting there screaming at the top of their lungs and no one can say anything.. well…. You get the picture and probably
have been a victim of such a scene yourself.  And good grief, if you happen to sit in a booth, and that said child is in the next one…kicking the back of your booth side..or leaning over and asking for bites, like I said.. you get the picture…

So restaurants… bring on the 7-7 rule.. or separate rooms.. There are a lot of us senior who will eat at 4 or 5 to get in and out before the noise happens.    If it is McDonalds? Well, all bets off,  you know what you are in for.. after all that is kid's territory . 

No comments: