Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ok, crafty is not my forte.....

Or maybe I should title this.. I saw it on Facebook…

My granddaughter had share on her page… of multiple
footprints made at with stones.. I thought to myself…
I can do that!!!..

So then I came up with the idea… I could make stone steps
with them.. and as it would have it.. lo and behold, there was
a foot shape big stone, and toe ones near by in my path way.

So tonight I ran …well, drove over to Wally world and got the flour and salt, as I still had the play dough recipe from the days when my kids were young.

And that is when things started down hill…

It seem to me, if I were to put the flour, salt and water and coloring in to a ziplock bag, it would mix really well and fast… NOT.

It was starting to remind me of cutting bangs…. You know when you cut your kids bangs.. one side looks a little long, so you cut it to match and it ends up shorter, so you cut the other side.. until the kid has ¼ inch bangs.  

Well, the color wasn't quite co-operating. It was suppose to be red. It was pink (I don’t do pink) so put in yellow and figured I would end up with orange.
It wasn't.. and it wasn't mixing well… So added all the red I had.. took a lot to get that to mix… and ended up with peach. Kind of. Also, it was too wet… so put in more flour… then too dry, so put in a bit of water.
It was too sticky.. so a smidge more of flour.. bag pops…

Found some rubber gloves, and took it out of the bag and put in the bowl. Sticks to fingers of gloves…so pulled dough off fingers, put in bag Finally was able to manage it better… was smooth… but NOT RED….

Found a old pie tin, put the dough in that.. got the stones and pressed them in place….. and then put in the oven… at a low temp. for an hour. Almost but not quite hard, but looked on line and it says it will dry out on its
own from there. It faded.. now pastel peach… not exactly what I wanted.. BUT…  I have one stone step… with foot print…

While messy, I did succeed … amazing. But can’t talk to soon, after all… I don’t have it out of the pie tin yet… got to wait until it cools before I know if it will..

So there it sits on the stove, drying, and cooling… The King will wonder what the heck… he hates it when I do a project while he sleeps.. he never knows what he will wake up to.  Being it is on the stove top, maybe I better put a
sign on it.. THIS IS NOT YOUR BREAKFAST.. do not eat… you never know.

Got to go wash peach dough off camera switch… 



 turning pink, so threw in some yellow for orange.. came out different..... so added more red...
 then the bag blew up.... before mixing all the way...

 came out peach... better than pink.. but NOT RED.. like I wanted.


 looks red..but it isn't....

 back to the peach color.... it looks better in real life....

3 comments:

marlu said...

Made me smile!

Mari Meehan said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Lol ;) love ya ... JC