Thursday, November 21, 2013

Baby it's cold outside....



As I walked out to take the garbage to the street side of our driveway,the grass was crunchy as I walked across it.. and it wasn't even white yet.  And I was freezing.. even though I had my sweater on. See I figured I would just run out and put it in place quickly.. so who needs a jacket... right?  Well, I DO..  I was almost hugging the heater when I got in.

I have to admit, I have been putting off winter. I have my fall jacket, and not my winter jacket out. Even have not given much thought about winter boots.  Just having my hiking boots. 

I guess I figure if I don't think about it, it won't come.  Well, that didn't work well for me.. as we had an inch of snow a couple of days ago.. But still in denial, with it melting away by afternoon.

But after seeing the news last night.. I had to finally admit it.. Cold weather is here..  And if I take to heart the old tales of bees in the ground and twin fawns arriving.. then this is going to be a bad one. As we have seen both.

Now where did I put those gloves? Got my hat I bought a couple months ago.. 
And where did I put those winter boots?


No comments: