Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"Inside work, women's work..outside work, men's work..."

These words have gotten the King into so much trouble..

He was telling me that a woman's place is in the kitchen.. after all,
"inside work, women's work....outside work, men's work..."
was the words that came out of his mouth...

I was stacking wood, and he was chopping it... I looked at him and said..
"Really?"  I put the log down on the ground and started to walk to the house... 
He asked where I was going, we aren't done here yet... he replied...  
I repeated his words back at him.  "inside work, women's work....outside work, men's work..."
He starts walking with me and says, I wasn't talking about you.  I said, Oh,so you don't consider me a woman?  NO, no, you are putting words in my mouth.
And then I put the finally nails into it... "Oh, you know how you like to cook?
Well, you can't do that... after all... outside work, men's work.. not in the kitchen.

And this has been a running joke for years since...  Costing him, from time to time.  Like the time I asked him to take the garbage out while I put a new bag in... and he repeated those words.. "inside work, women's work....outside work, men's work..." and laughed.. but wasn't laughing
so hard, when I placed the sack out on the deck, and told him.. it was now outside, in his territory....

 He even tells the grandchildren  that.. and now as men, they are repeating it..so guess I better educate the granddaughters..

Good thing I don't keep a grudge

No comments: