Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking back.. one more time...

Another one shot down the tubes, and a new one to louse up.
Another one down the tubes, and a new slate.

But looking back, it wasn't a bad year..

January was the start of the restoration of the truck.. The old body came off of the 91 Ford to be used for the 1947.
With me... I decided to do what I called Garage art. I painted a picture for each one of the kids...and one for my husband. You got to understand.. I don't paint.. So it was a cross between Grandma Moses and  kindergarten.

February brought word that a friend had died the November before. He died alone... so sad.. He was a great Beatles fan and old time music and such a lost to his friends.. he would be surprised.

March brought a new Pope... that even people like myself, who are not Catholic, think he is a great guy... and here being December we all still the same.

April brought a bombing in Boston, Which were caught, thanks to good camera work and witness... and Boston rallied with Boston Strong.

May brought the rods and old cars out of the garages and into our Lost in the 50's parade... 
And sunshine, and hopes of starting our gardens...

June brought flowers, and planting of the garden.. and yard art.
and sadly a young man named Snowden.. who stole computer files and ran to China and then to Russia...

July, brought 4th of July.. parades and cook outs.
Sadly Martin and Zimmerman became buzz words in the nation.
I walked my second  3K walk and my legs didn't fall off...
And the lost of my dear friend Virginia.

August brought news of 3 people close to me, who found out they have cancer... so again.. CANCER.. DAMN YOU.. DAMN YOU TO HELL.
We had two 50 year olds in August in our family...
And the painting of the 1947 Ford body parts by our sons.

September brought government shuts down... and garden slow downs.
Picking everything out of the garden, and processing the veggies.
Sadness as Labor Day reminds us that summer is over.

October brought the shutting down of the yard, wrapping up the hoses, the last roses of the summer, and Halloween on the rising.
It also was when I got to see my tombstone had been installed at the beach.   It is a bench for grandparents to sit with their grandchildren like I did.

November brought Thanksgiving ....
Sadly the mess of trying to get  Affordable Care Insurance...as the computers clogged  up.. is that a surprise? 
And the 50th anniversary of the shooting of JFK.

December... ah, the end of the year.. and we all wonder where did the year go.
So this was the year, that the King finally is getting work done on the truck..
I have been drove nuts by my possessed computer too many times, and over all we have been blessed with good health.. we have a roof over our heads, food for our mouths, vehicles that get us from point a to point b.. so far..  Our children are all safe and health as our grandchildren and great grandchildren...

So hope you have had as well.. and as you say good by to 2013 tonight.
Be careful out there... we? we will be celebrating our usual New York style.
Giving each other a kiss at 9pm (it will be midnight in New York) and say good night.
HAPPY NEWS YEARS, FOLKS..




No comments: