Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Good bye March, we hardly knew ya..


Good bye March, we hardly knew ya..

In our duty of trying to stay at home, stay away from people.. we are like where did the month go.. or this has been the longest month EVER…

And it doesn’t look like April is going to much better..  I was counting on April being special this year.. not only my birthday but also my youngest who turns 50 this year.. She was born on the first day of EARTH DAY…  she jokes about how she is old as dirt…  June is going to be really sad..  as I had been planning on the June 25 being the most special day of celebration..   It was going to be me, my oldest and my youngest.. celebrating special years..  See me being 80 and my oldest being 60 and my youngest being 50.. it was going to be a very special year…  Those of you who read my blog often..know I lost my oldest in 2017.  

Also lost in all of this.. is the importance of a HUG…  I remember when I was working in the nursing home from 1986 to 2003, one of the things that the elderly missed was hugs.. Once when I hugged a woman, when I first went to work, and she hugged back and for the longest time..  When I helped her laid down, I gave her a kiss on her forehead.  She had a tear in her eye. I asked if she was ok.. She said well, it had been so long since anyone hugged her and no one had kissed her on the forehead since her husband died 20 years before.. 
That sure hit me hard.. and made a promise to always give hugs to the elderly… we should never forget to hug our love ones.. 

So with this shut down.. I do hug my husband a lot..  but I sure miss the hugs of all of my love ones..  As we have agreed to not visit for a while, as none of us want to get the other sick.  And they are being careful around us.. even though we both are healthy…

So when this is over.. you can expect hugs from me… lots of hugging.  Family, friends… gosh, I miss you all.. take good care of each other..


No comments: