Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Summer time and the fishing is…


Summer time and the fishing is…

I know it is only mid March.. but I am looking forward to summer.
Summer yard projects will be good for my health…
But summer is good for my soul… when fishing..

One finds the quietness and if you boat fish, then the slight bounce or
roll of the boat, is soothing too.. And if you want a touch of fun, you invite a fun friend. Because with a friend.. there is laughter.  Stories to tell… some about fishing, or if you hunt.. or just good times of the past.

But I like shore fishing best.. I am not a trolling fisherperson. Trolling around the lake or bouncing in the ocean..  I am more a anchor and throw the line in.. bob it a few times here and there..  But most of all I like it from the shore…  I bring sandwiches, and coffee… throw my line in the water, and just relax… I use to bring a radio, but most of all I just like the silence… with the sounds of nature.  A bird far off, splashing of the fish.. if you are lucky, you see an eagle…

I use to fly fish.. that was fun.. but I am afraid if a true blue fly fisherman saw me, they would be remembering Pat McManus’s description of a fly fisherman…  I think his went….  He flung his line to the water, like an old woman beating a rug on the fence.   I wasn’t that bad.. and I really enjoyed watching the line whip back and forth, with the fly landing pretty close to what I had in mind. 

Do you fish? No?  Sorry.. you have no idea what a peaceful time it is.. all the world problems float away with the tide.. Maybe you should try it.. just don’t take it so seriously that you don’t have fun.

No comments: