Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Have the crazies taken over??


Have the crazies taken over??

I was reading a magazine called THE WEEK.  .  in there is an article called Generation Q    I never heard of Generation Q.  After reading the article I would call them Generation W… W for capital.. WEIRD.
Maybe even creepy.

In my almost 80 years, I have known there are those who pass stories that are total lies, sometimes taking the truth and twisting majorly.  But they were one or two people.. and everyone ignored them.. Considering the source so to speak. 

But this group is a national group… a cult like ?? I don’t know. But reading the article made my head hurt.  How can such a large group get this kind of following.. even the President Trump champions them. But then again truth is not Trump's friend.  And if he can stir up a mess, he will.  And does.  It truly makes me shake my head that so many believe what he says.  And those who challenge what he says with true are told their source is fake news.  What is the saying.. if you tell a lie often enough it becomes truth.. Guess that works for him.

But the Qnon which is the name this group goes by.. tells the most outrageous lies.  And it is not a new group.  I don’t know how far back they go, but at least to 2016 election summer.  Remember the story about the man who went with a gun to a pizza store in New York, shooting at people, so he could get down to the cellar of the building?
As he firmly believed the story that there was a sex child ring in the basement and the pizza store was just a bluff to cover it up.. ..AND the sex ring was run by Hillary Clinton!!!  REMEMBER that story.. it was their story.   Now I am far from a Clinton fan, but that is pretty far fetched for common sense.. (oh, yeah, common sense died)   Yet this man and others believe it.. and even after all the mess caused by this man and being arrested and news of it being all a lie.. There are people who still believe it.  That just makes my head hurt.

These people are at Trumps rallies with his blessing, and he even repeats their garbage, and tweets about it in the early hours of the day.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE… AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH THOSE WHO BELIEVE IT?  

Ever since we have had internet, there has been so many lies spread around the world.  And the part that blows my mind is..   PEOPLE BELIEVE IT..

Remember when one wrote something in a paper or else where, it had to be the TRUTH, otherwise they could get sued?   Now lies have become under … freedom of speech..  My head is really going around and around.. and I got to go, I am getting a severe headache..

I might just have to give up reading…  

No comments: