Monday, October 03, 2005

Connecting the Dots....

A several weeks ago, while killing
some time, I Googled my own name
and then I happen to Google my great
grandfather's name. And up popped
a listing for a St. Louis Library. Long
and short of it, it was his obit. in the
St. Louis paper. A place where he passed
away. I emailed them about it. And
for the little sum of $1.25 I had a copy
of it several weeks later. I scanned it
and sent it out to my children.

That little moment of boredom,
brought on a series of connecting dots.
As one of my daughter's friends likes to
do research on ancestry thru the online
sites. She ended up opening a
wonderful series of dots to connect.

See my great aunt and my aunt had
researched my father's side of the family.
So there is all kinds of information there.
But on my mother's side was her parents,
and my grandfather's parents. End of story.

It is truly amazing because of this wonderful
woman, we have the tracing back thru my
grandmother's (whom I am named after)
family. Her mother and father, and going
back about 7 generations.

Also on my grandfather's side it goes
back 7 generations. Even back to a very
old family name in the town of which I
was born. And there are several family
members who fought in the American
Revolution War. Truly Amazing.

And the young lady who did all this
research is truly amazing, to go thru all
this work, just because she enjoys it.
We are truly blessed as she connected
the dots, that open the window to our
lives and let the sunshine in.

No comments: